Friday, September 07, 2007

Sleeping with Wild Horses...

Well, okay, not really sleeping with them, but I will be sleeping near them. The folks who run the Wild Horse Sanctuary in nearby Shingletown just gave me permission to spend a couple of days on their ranch while I work on getting images and video footage for my Vanishing America and Untamed projects.

I'll be hiking around their 5000 acres and camping at least one night anywhere I see fit. Damn, they're good people!

And, as luck would have it, there is someone from National Geographic out there already doing some video footage for one of their specials. I couldn't have planned it better if I'd tried! :-)

All I have to worry about is finding the herds, getting good images, and watching out for Lions and Tigers and Bears. Oh my!

Well, not so much the Tigers, but mountain lions and bears have been spotted in the past. And there are plenty of rattlesnakes to cuddle up with, so I don't expect I'll get too lonely.

And, of course, I'll bring back some fantastic images! So stay tuned...

No comments: