Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I heard I was in town...

(apologies to my hero, Jimmy Buffett)

Well, BABS should be rolling in to Atlanta (well, Alpharetta, specifically) by noon Wednesday. Now, to find a place to park this Big Ass BuS...

Some folks in my parents' neighborhood were going to let me park in their cul-de-sac, but they had a neighborhood meeting and changed their minds. Aaah... Such is suburbia.

So, let's see if we can be creative and find a good place to park this billboard on wheels while I make my hometown famous. Shouldn't be too difficult... should it?

In the meantime, my family is helping me find sources for used oil. Since I'll be in Alpharetta for at least two weeks, I'll have time to lay some groundwork and cultivate relationships with various restaurants who might be willing to help out. Hmm... that reminds me... anybody have any oil?

Now for some really good news: The Vanishing America project has had its first donation! My friend, Barbara Dubkak, from Deer Park, Texas, was so impressed with what I'm doing that she took $150 of her hard-earned money and put it into helping keep me on the road.

THANKS BARBARA!

Do you like what the Vanishing America project is all about? Do you want to help out too? Drop me a line at holt@vanishingicons.com. Every dollar we receive will help keep BABS on the road a little longer.

If you would like to become a part of the Vanishing America project in a bigger way, we're always on the lookout for sponsors. We have room for logos on the website, the Land Rover, and, of course, BABS herself. And, sponsorship can be achieved by infusion of cash or product.

Is there something you'd like to promote? Want to see your product on the news, in the documentary, raved about on the blog? Let me know. We're talking National exposure here! If it's something that can benefit the project, and has minimal negative impact on the environment, then let's talk!

No comments: