Wednesday, January 09, 2008

FM Radio, BioFuel, and damn good food...

America's Finest City...

It's great to be back in San Diego for a few days, catching up on some personal things, scheduling interviews, and talking with potential sponsors. Things are taking a bit longer than I'd anticipated, but it's been worth it catching up with my friends, seeing the changes in the city, and generally being back on the road again.

I've had BABS parked at the World Famous San Diego Zoo since I got into town. The staff there has been so nice to me, coming by to talk every now and then, and making sure I'm okay. My new friend, Seth, a Zoo employee, even brought me a couple of complimentary passes so I can see the exhibits.

And, even though I'm the one with the expense account, my friends have been the ones to take me out to lunches and dinners, so I've rarely had to pay for a meal. Even Matt and Scott, owners of Urban Solace in North Park, took care of me for a few meals... and (pardon the language), but DAMN, their food is good! Every single item on the menu has been a beautiful sensory experience. Look for them in the Valentine's issue of 944 magazine.

This Friday morning (January 11th), I'll be a guest on 100.7 Jack FM's morning show, Monique and the Man. In addition to their core discussion on the upcoming Chargers versus Colts NFL playoff game, we'll be talking about my project, the conversions, and my travels around the country. And, Monique, who spent a lot of time on the road as a comic, will be giving me pointers on what to see and where to eat while I'm out there in nowhere land. They even want me to drive BABS onto their lot for some promo pics and webcam video during the show!

Monday, I drive up to LA to meet with Galpin Motors, a potential sponsor, and then I'm off to Atlanta to see my family. (I wonder if they remember me...)

No comments: