Tuesday, June 22, 2010

On the road to the Gulf...

What is it about traveling that gets the blood pumping? Is it that I'm heading to an event that's bigger than anything America has seen in recent years? Is it that I'm excited about lending a hand in a disaster that should be one of our biggest opportunities to come together as a nation? Is it the curiousity of the unknown?

Well, whatever it is, I'm excited about this leg of my journey and I hope you are, too. This is quite a departure from my normal travels, but it fits right in with the theme of this project.

I've heard lots of rumors about what is happening out there, but, until I get the information first-hand, I won't be repeating any of it.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy my drive East, try not to scratch the 30+ itchy bug bites I received at the Salton Sea yesterday and report back to you every night I possibly can.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: