Friday, June 18, 2010

On my way to The Gulf...

Oil, oil everywhere...

What's going on with this oil spill? Why is the government and BP spending so much time talking about it and so little time acting? Are they trying to find the "best" solution? Are they trying to protect themselves if the solution doesn't work? Honestly, I don't know. None of us do. We only know what they tell us in the media, and we know how honest and accurate US media is these days.

Well, like many Americans, I'm upset about what's happening (and not happening), but I don't know the real story. So... I'm heading out there to find out what the real story is. It's not fair for me to rant and rave about who's to blame and what cleanup method is best if all I have to rely on is someone else's interpretation of the events at hand.

Of course, every report has it's own spin, and I'm sure mine will be no different. But, I pride myself on presenting all sides of the story whenever I can. Because I'm passionate about what I do, I will always include my own perspective, but I try to present the facts accurately so that you can all make your own informed decisions. And that is exactly what I intend to do over the next few weeks. I intend to document what I see and hear. I intend to relay the hopes and fears of the communities. I intend to show you what is happening at "ground zero", so to speak. I won't be perfect in my reports, but you can count on me to be open-minded, objective and honest.

Enough talk. It's time to ACT!

So, I'm going to the Gulf to get my hands (and other parts of me) extremely dirty. And I hope my efforts can, in some way, help. I don't know what it's going to take to clean up this mess, but there are a few good ideas floating around out there. We just need to implement them. Speaking of which...

There is never only ONE way to solve a problem. There are always many options. The best solution is to use the right tool for the job and this job of oil cleanup might just require several different tools. BP and our government are making progress talking about the mess, but talking doesn't help clean up the oil. Whether or not the methods being discussed are the best methods doesn't matter. Let's just get out there and clean it up the best ways we know how. We're wasting time trying to lay blame and find the "correct" methods of cleanup.

Here's one that I found very intriguing: http://www.rense.com/general90/barb.htm

Keep checking in with me over the next several weeks for updates and ideas. And, by all means, let me know what YOU think!

Stay tuned...

No comments: