Sunday, June 27, 2010

I'm at the Gulf!

I've finally made it to the Gulf. A couple of days in New Orleans working to make some money (one of the many ways I support this project) and I'm off and running -- looking for stories and for any way I can help with the cleanup and protection of America's Gulf Coast.

I've listed myself and the project with all the states' volunteer websites, I've been in contact with the Deepwater Horizon Response and various states' tourism boards, and am woking hard to get you the information you need without the standard media spin we've come to distrust so much.

I've been doing a lot of research about what beaches have been affected, who is in charge of what programs and where the volunteer efforts are being concentrated. Any information or contacts you can send my way would be greatly appreciated.

In the meantime, if you would like to help with a monetary donation, please click on this link:

https://www.fracturedatlas.org/donate/3177

Whether you can afford $5 or $5000, any help is appreciated and goes directly to The Vanishing America Projects efforts in the Gulf. And... it's tax deductible!

The Vanishing America Project is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions in behalf of this project may be made payable to Fractured Atlas and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.

So, please help out. Remember... if we want ownership of this land, we must take responsibility!

No comments: