Monday, March 31, 2008

Rednecks on their day off...

Playin' in the dirt again...

I had a rare opportunity to get away from my work for a day and join my friend Jim on a little redneck adventure. We hopped in his off-road go-cart and raced up and down a gnarly fire road on his property in Dawsonville, Georgia. It had just rained and everything was muddy... including us!

I have to give fair warning, though. This isn't exactly environmentally friendly driving. And, on the surface, may seem to contradict what I'm doing with my Vanishing America project. However, it was a closed course specifically designed for this kind of fun, and we didn't destroy anything in the process (except for one of Jim's daffodils). It was a blast, and an invigorating experience. We got to be kids again for a couple of hours.

I'm still scraping mud off my teeth.

I'm posting the video from my YouTube page. I hope it works here.

2 comments:

Traveling Bells said...

"Get a little mud on the tires"...teeth...lens......perfect 'guy' fun. Come on up to Mayberry!

marcey said...

hey there Holt, it is me Marcey from the bank. I was so intrigued by what you were doing I had to take a look.. I laughed my ass off with the video and was moved like crazy by your photography. YOu really are very talented. I am looking forward to reading more about your adventure..and don't forget if you need me I am able to carry the bags...hahahah...I hope to hear from you. Petwlkr231@bellsouth.net