Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Record Searchlight and Sunset Marketplace

Today I did an interview with Dylan Darling, Environmental Reporter for the Redding Record Searchlight newspaper. Both he and his photographer, Mike, were great to talk to and really seemed to enjoy their work. Since the piece isn't urgent news, it may not hit print for a week or more, but I'll be sure to let everyone know when it does!

I also did a little grocery shopping today. I didn't go to Vons. I didn't go to Albertsons. And, I sure as heck didn't
go to Wal-Mart. I went to a local grocery called Sunset Marketplace. And, let me tell you, I'm glad I did.

Sunset has been around for over 15 years and is relatively small, but is one of the friendliest, cleanest, most delightful stores I've ever been in. From Jamie, the sweet cashier, and Alex, the friendly butcher, to Rachel, who helped me out to the car, everyone in that store was as nice and helpful as anyone could ask.

The shelves were all full, the food was fresh and beautiful, and the selection was exceptional.
If you live in or near Redding, and haven't been to Sunset Marketplace, do yourself a favor, stop in and see my friends. Tell them I sent you. :-)

No comments: