Thursday, August 16, 2007

Flirting is fun!

Yes, flirting is fun. Especially when they flirt back. ;-)

I spent most of my day today working on my blogs, my reports, my journal, and sorting out the 10 hours of video that I've shot since my trek began, so when Shane came around suggesting we go downtown, I was ready to go out and play.

We began by picking up his lovely wife, Tina, who is 5 months pregnant with their first child (a girl!) -- and heading out to Market Fest, a combination music festival and farmer's market in downtown Redding on Market street (of all places.)

After listening to the band and picking up some peaches and a few vegetables, we meandered over to Market Street Steakhouse for dinner. I love this place! Not only did I have a good time flirting with the cute female staff, but the meal (a tender Filet Mignon) was phenomenal! I honestly can't remember the last time I had a steak that good. And the wilted spinach with a side of peppercorn ranch and bacon dressing took my breath away.

However, I had the most fun of the night talking with Nicole and Cami (two lovely women at the bar), and with our hot little hostess, Sarah (it's not complete without the "h"), and Heather, our beautiful waitress. And, since Shane and Tina are due in January, I used the opportunity to flirt with girls and asked them to help us come up with names for their baby girl. So far, the name Paige seems to be holding strong. (Paige is actually the name of one of Sarah's children.)

All in all, it was a great night. I had a great meal, and a lot of fun talking with some very attractive young women. I can only hope I have more evenings like this on my journey.

Nicole, Cami, Sarah, and Heather -- thank you for a wonderful evening, and I hope we see each other again real soon! (And, drop me an email if you get a chance.)

Tomorrow, I plan on doing a little exploring around the area. There is a lot to see: The Sundial Bridge at Turtle Bay, Shasta Dam, Lake Shasta and Mount Shasta, Lassen Volcanic National Park, and Whiskeytown, to name a few. A quick ride over to the local airport for a rental car, and I'm on my way!

I'll let you know tomorrow what I found...

Sundial Bridge image courtesy of Turtle Bay Exploration Park

No comments: